Monday, March 12, 2012

Peeky, peeky!

Today was a good day.
Kids are back at school, my Unity KOM was in the mail, and my homework is done for a week.


I've always wanted a red door. This will probably be the closest I will ever get as my husband is not a fan of red.

I wish the picture was better. There are a few details you can't see from here: I used my Scor-buddy to score the panels of the door so they feel like raised panels...kind of. I cut around three sides so it will open, and ironically, the kit comes with this sentiment:

I colored the back of the door as long as I was at it, plus the scoring showed on the back, too. The plants are popped up with foam dots for dimension and the door folded right over the top of the originals when I opened it. I inked the edges with Distress inks, tied twine around the side, and DONE!

Papertrey Ink Cardstock, twine, and ink
watercolor pencils
Unity Stamp Co stamp
Distress inks

There are planters just like the ones in the image at Sam's Club. I think I need them now :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate them!