Friday, March 23, 2012

Friends with Flair and wierd colors!

I made two cards  for Friends with Flair this week with colors I almost NEVER use: orange and wierd khaki green. I had those colors in my paper stash, thought, and might as well use them, right?


This paper came from a Basic Grey century pack. I probably never would have chosen it on its own, but it is kind of pretty. The lace I think is from Mark's Finest Papers, and the stamps are from one of those fabulous Unity sales. The ink is Ranger distress.I got the idea from Kary Lim a few Fridays ago. Thanks, Kary!




The itty bitty was from that Happy Hour sale last week. I did the backdoor "buy all of them" route, those impulse buys are going to be the death of me, I think. The paper is Echo Park and inks are  Memento and Copics. The ribbon loops were a sample that came from Really Reasonable Ribbon and I colored the Paper Studio gems at the top with Copics. You can't really see it, be I also used Glossy accents on the orange so it's nice and shiny.

It's date night in Mailloux-land. YAY! Have a great weekend!


13 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

One is elegant, and one is cute. Love them both!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your cards are both just fab! Don't you just love that orange set? Super cute. :)

~Tammy~ said...

Sarah these are some terrific cards! The first one shows a more elegant side and the second is cute and fun! Love the variety!

Jingle said...

Very nice cards.

Jen M said...

Ohh I really like both of these! The second one is really cute and fun. ;). Love those unity sales.... :)

Houses Built of Cards said...

So pretty! One is elegant - and the other is so happy! LOVE them both!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kary said...

Hi Sarah, these are adorable cards!! Love the bright orange of your second card ;)

Ruby said...

Love both of the cards.

Gwen said...

LOVE your clock card! I have that paper and haven't used it yet, either. The swirls and circles fit with the clock.

JPScraps said...

Fabulous cards!

Susan B. said...

Great cards! Love your mix of orange papers, they all blend together so well! By the way, I love your blog banner, it's so cheery!

Eva said...

Both of these are adorable, I especially like the bright orange card, it is such a happy card.

Crystal said...

Wonderful cards, I really love the pop that all of those oranges give the second one!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate them!