Friday, July 1, 2011

Ahhh... embossing


Papertrey Ink cardstock, Making Memory mist, sentiment
Glimmer mist
Nestabilities
Close to My Heart stamps

I made this for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday for the two step Polaroid technique. I used a deckled rectangle nestability to make the frame and went crazy with the Glimmer Mist and Memory mist. And since sometimes more is more, I got out the embossing powders for the paint splashes and the sparkle on the guitar. It seems ironic to me that I had to use a stamp to create random paint splashes. I liked the texture and shine, so I embossed the sentiment while I was at it. And it ought to fit in an envelope, which seems to be a challenge for me these days!

This is for my nephew who seems to be entering the age where it's hard to make a masculine card that is not too babyish. I hope he likes it!

1 comments:

Marybeth said...

This is a great card for a boy a little older. Turned out very nice. Beautiful embossing too.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate them!