Friday, May 27, 2011

Painting with Water

I loved painting with water as a kid.
I liked how the colors would swirl together and turn from dots into a picture. I found some Paint with Water books for my kids and I was way more excited than they were. 
I'm pretty sure water color pencils are the adult form of painting with water.


I had a good time with this one. Yay for Fridays!

Papertrey Ink and My Mind's Eye paper
Paper Studio button
PTI twine
Close to My Heart water color pencils
Tsukinkeo ink

15 comments:

NoraAnne said...

I love your card and I'm glad you had so much fun with it! That's what it's all about, right?!?!

Carol said...

Great card! I love the soft pretty colors that you used.

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(Dot)com

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love how the button ties it together.

sharon g said...

Did you also love those "coloring books" which had the dots of paint, and you would just add the water? MAGIC! Nice card.

dclouser said...

Great card! I love the way you "painted" the image.

jennifer mitten said...

This is so pretty. I love those pencils too

Toni K said...

This is adorable! Great colors! And I agree about the pencils ;)

Sara Henton said...

Great colors & I love water color pencils too

Kim Cook said...

I love the colors. So soft.

Jen M said...

Love this! So so pretty.

Kary said...

Sweet card!! Love the colours!:)

Anne Tussing said...

So soft and pretty! I have to get out my watercolor pencils and paint, too!!

Jennifer Roach said...

Great card! Love the watercolouring. It's one of my favourite ways to colour but I'm just sooooo slow doing it compared to markers so I don't do it very often.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Love the soft coloring and the twine and button treatment! Great card! :)

Karenladd said...

What a sweet card! Watercolor is one of my favorite techniques so I love this!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate them!